|Health||22 + Psy Defense x2|
|PsP||7 + Psy Defense + Psy Power|
Niven appears in Telepath RPG Chapter 2.
In the beginning of the game, Niven asks the Hero to help him with target practice for 5 gold each, but he damages them for 2-6 damage. Later, he can be recruited by the Hero by either being persuaded to because "Everybody loves a war hero" (Requires high enough Personality) or by being paid 200 gold.
Niven has an interesting knife ability later on, Trick Shot. This allows him to give room for distance attackers, while still damaging enemies. It hits the enemy 2 squares forward and one to the right. It's also noticeably cheaper to make Niven's attacks more powerful, because both strength and psy power are added into the damage.
"When the Queen has blessed you with a talent like mine, you can't just go not sharing it with people!"
"These wars... they make certain individuals in the city very rich. But not Niven The knife-thrower, I'm afraid. I'm a peaceful soul."
"Well, if it isn't the rude little human from before. We have nothing to say to one another."
- Niven has a unique throwing style, which is sideways. It proves that this style never misses.
- Before completing mission 1, the player can get some gold off Niven by acting as a target for him to practice his "excellent" knife throwing skills. Every time he throws a knife he hits the Hero (for 2 to 6 damage), thus below is a list of excuses Niven uses to explain his bad aim:
- "Oh no, I'm so sorry! Someone Contacted me just as I was releasing the knife. Let's try again."
- "Oh, drat! My apologies. It won't happen again."
- "Oh dear! That must have been a bad knife. It's all a matter of aerodynamics, you see, and a bad knife will go places it isn't invited."
- " Oh, I'm so sorry! I really had to sneeze suddenly, and it totally threw off my reflexes. It won't happen again."
- "Goodness, I must be having an off day. I just need one more do-over."
- "Oh, I'm so sorry! Let's try that again."
- "Didn't you hear that? I thought I just heard someone yell 'fire'. It was very distracting. I'm sorry for hitting you. Let's try once more."