Army Constraints are rules governing how each player creates his or her army in a Telepath Tactics multiplayer match.
- None - no constraints; any player may build any army of any size prior to the match.
- Equal numbers - any player may build any army of prior to the match, but all armies will be reduced to the size of the smallest army when the match starts.
- Identical Armies - every player is forced to have the exact same army composition. This constraint is selected by default.
- Random Armies - every player has a unique army, generated at random by the computer. Every army will be the same size.
- Random + Identical - every player is forced to have the exact same army composition, generated at random by the computer.